Founded in 2012, Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to improve access to information and empower local communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of marginalized communities which ensured social and economic progress while promoting transparency and accountability. At CODE, we:
- Ensure people’s access to information through various technologies.
- Share innovative approaches to information exchange through experimentation, research, and technology.
- Develop innovative platforms for coverage of social, environmental, and governance issues.
- Advance the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
- Provide training and support to youth interested in engaging innovative ideas to improve the development index of their society.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity, while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization. CODE’s commitment to participatory capacity and community building, and monitoring and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs even within the most challenging environments.
We envision a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of Africa will have access to information to improve their livelihood.
Empowering marginalized communities
- Increase people’s access to information through whatever technological means they choose.
- Increase and share innovative approaches to information exchange through experimentation, research and technology.
- Develop innovative platforms for coverage of social, environmental and governance issues.
- Increase the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
- Empower youths by offering training and support to youth interested in using innovative ideas to improve the development index of their society.
CODE is headquartered in the Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria. CODE is presently working in the West Africa region, and now leads some of today’s most important projects throughout Africa.
We are supported by Private Philanthropic organizations and Foundations. Kindly [CLICK HERE] to read our Financial Report for 2014 and 2015